A general explanation of the Privacy Statement simply confirming that it relates to how you will use the personal data you collect
2. Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms, including those on our website
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transaction you carry out with us including vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
3. Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meet the terms of your order;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Beechwood Derby, including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding our services
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and Beechwood Derby
- To notify you about changes to our services and to respond to any queries that you submit to Beechwood Derby
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding the service you have received from Beechwood Derby
4. Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may share your personal information on the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers, which are protected by a firewall and passwords
- All personal data that we have to keep in hard copy is kept in a secure locked room. All hard copy data is kept for 5 years before it is securely shredded.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
6. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Beechwood Derby Limited, 8 Siddals Road Derby, DE1 2QD
- Or email at Info@beechwood.info